Data Protection and Privacy
Verity Music in the course of its business may collect personal information. Such activity is regulated by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The GDPR is a series of laws, approved by the EU Parliament in 2016 with an effective date of 2018-05-25. The regulations give people greater control over their information, including the ability to withdraw consent for its use and to request access to it. Verity Music is an entity identified as a Data Controller and this document explains how we intend to comply with the regulations.
Information we collect and how we collect it:
- If you contact us by email we will collect your contact information to expedite your enquiry.
- If you sign up for our newsletter we collect your email address.
- If you purchase items of our merchandise, we collect your name and contact details. We do not process or store any financial information.
- When you visit our Web Sites, we automatically log your IP address.
How we use the information we collect:
- For administrative and business purposes, for example to contact you, process orders, arrange appointments, and to improve our business and website.
- To inform you of changes to your preferences and subcriptions.
- We use IP addresses to help us administer our Web Sites. We do not link IP addresses to personally identifiable information.
- We may automatically collect non-personal information, such as the type of browsers you use or the site from which you linked to our Web Sites. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on our Web Sites.
- To keep you informed of gigs and new products, unless you have opted out of such communications. The option to opt-out will be provided in any communication with us, or by contacting us at any time.
How long we retain information:
- We store information for no longer than is needed to fulfil our legitimate business needs and discharge any legal obligations we may have, for example to maintain tax records.
Transfer of Information:
- The majority of the data used by Verity Music is stored and processed in the EU. We may however use cloud storage servers which may physically be outside the EU. In these cases, data will be encrypted before storage and / or in the case of US servers, we use companies that have self-certified as compliant with EU data regulations.
- We disclose information to third parties only to the extent necessary to run our business, to our service providers, to fulfil any contracts we enter into with you, and where required by law or to enforce our legal rights.
- We will never sell information to third parties other than in the course of the sale or transfer of the business.
Sensitive personal information:
- We do not knowingly or intentionally collect or extrapolate ‘sensitive personal information’. Please do not submit sensitive personal information to us. For example if you mention your date or place of birth in a communication, we would not use or process this information and would do our best to delete it from our system.
Rights in relation to personal information:
- A person has the rights under the legislation to access their information and to receive information about its use. If you would like a copy of the information we have, please contact us at any time.
- You may request that we remove your information from our systems.
How we keep information secure:
- We use appropriate technical and organisational measures such as storing your information on secure servers, encrypting transfers of data to or from our servers using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology and only granting access to your information where necessary.
- All our Employees and sub contractors are made aware of the importance of data security and the need, where possible to secure access to personal equipment and shared resources with strong passwords.
Further information: Please contact us with any queries or concerns you may have about any aspect of our data policy.
If you sign up for the JohnVerity.com website you will receive one or two email messsages per month with the latest JV news and selected gigs. You will be among the first to hear of new releses and links to exclusive material on the website.
Terms and Conditions
johnverity.com is a website associated with the domain name johnverity.com, or www.johnverity.com. These terms and conditions govern the way you use any information or material which you access, either directly or indirectly from the server, from archive agencies,or servers hosting the site.
From time to time, we add or change functions, features or products to our Web Site or add or change Services. This may result in periodic changes to this these terms and conditions. As a result, please remember to refer back to these terms and conditions regularly to review any amendments
Acceptance of our Terms
By visiting the website johnverity.com viewing, accessing or otherwise using any of the services or information created, collected, compiled or submitted to johnverity.com you agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions of Service. If you do not want to be bound by our Terms your only option is not to visit, view or otherwise use the services of johnverity.com. You understand, agree and acknowledge that these Terms constitute a legally binding agreement between you and johnverity.com and that your use of johnverity.com shall indicate your conclusive acceptance of this agreement.
For example, downloading, and reproducing, either directly, or by screen-shot, of any part of a web pages for any use other than for your own, personal, non-commercial reason is not allowed.
Please Contact us if you wish to use anything from the site.
Use of Material found on johnverity.com
You may access, view, download for caching purposes material from the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions below.
You must not :-
- republish material from this website (including republication on another website);
- sell, rent or otherwise sub-license material from the website;
- publicly display any material from the website;
- duplicate, reproduce, copy or otherwise use material from johnverity.com for a commercial purpose without our express, written permission;
- edit or otherwise modify any material on the website; or redistribute material from johnverity.com
Intellectual Property Rights
We will do our best to ensure that we do not infringe other peoples' Intellectual Property Rights. It is very difficult to guarantee the source of material accessible, as many items are user submitted or dynamically linked through syndication.
If there is any materiaon our site that you have rights to, that you do not wish us to use, then we will happily remove such material subject to you informing us promptly, and our removal of the material being the end of the matter. Our liability and action will be limited to our prompt removal of such material as expressed in European Law.
For example an image or article contains material that was created by you and you do not wish it to appear on johnverity.com – If you contact us, we will happily remove the item, and that will be the end of the matter.
Limitation of Liability
You understand and agree that the owners of the website and any of its subsidiaries or affiliates shall never be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or inculpable damages.
For example your computer contracts a virus directly or indirectly from access to our site, johnverity.com cannot be held responsible for any consequences of the virus.
johnverity.com may include links to third-party content, advertising and other websites. johnverity.com is not responsible for ,and does not endorse any advertising, products or resources accessible or available via such links.
For Example we are not liable for any consequences if you experience problems with the services or products of a site we link to, either in an article or via one of our dynamic RSS links.l on our site that you have rights to, that you do not wish us to use, then we will happily remove such material subject to you informing us promptly, and our removal of the material being the end of the matter. Our liability and action will be limited to our prompt removal of such material as expressed in European Law.